Practical Magic for the Practical Woman. Ramblings of an easily distracted mind. For all of us that believe a little differently, love a little harder, smile a little sweeter and give a little more - this blog is for you. Blessed Be.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blessings of a Full Moon

“In everything natural there is something marvelous.” — Aristotle

Tonight is a full moon.  My Pappy always taught me that you want to plant flowers and vegetables after the final full moon in May.  It is something that was handed down from his parents and a rule of thumb I have always gone by.  So, I believe tomorrow I’ll be planting my flowers.



I feel so content during a full moon.  I set my stones out to recharge, I sit by the window and gaze at the beauty that hangs in the sky.  There is nothing more amazing to me, nothing that puts me in awe more than watching the moon phases, maybe with the exception of a full harvest moon.  It brings peace into my heart and a smile onto my lips.

This evening I have some healing candles that need to be blessed by the moon and some crystals I’d like to charge.  But for the most part, I think I’d just like to sit outside and gaze at the moon, seeing the face of the Greek goddess Hecate and feeling her peace wash over me.

I hope you will take a moment to stand outside tonight and gaze up at the sky.  Allow the moon’s rays and the feeling of peace to wash over you.

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again.
Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment