Practical Magic for the Practical Woman. Ramblings of an easily distracted mind. For all of us that believe a little differently, love a little harder, smile a little sweeter and give a little more - this blog is for you. Blessed Be.

Monday, May 16, 2011


Practical Magic for the Practical Woman

I lost my blog.  Apparently during the “issues” with the blog site mine got lost in the shuffle.  So I’m going to put it back up.  I did not save my ramblings, so all my words of wisdom are gone.  Oh bother.

Let’s start over.

I always thought blogs were rather self indulgent.  I may be correct, but I’ve decided to post one anyway.  If that makes me a little self indulgent, so be it.  

I know Practical Magic for the Practical Woman may seem like an odd name for a blog, you may be asking yourself what it means.  So let me tell you what Practical Magic means to me.

Practical Magic is simple – it’s the every day magic that we so often take for granted.  It’s the beauty in the dragonfly that flits by as you are sitting outside enjoying your lunch and a good book.  It’s the smell of rain on a warm summer day.  It’s running through puddles with your loved one and dancing in the rain.  It’s the way your heart beats just a little too fast and the butterflies seem to jump into your belly when the person you love calls, even after being together for 10 years.  Practical Magic is just that – the magic that is in every day, so many little things.

The world passes us by so quickly, it is so easy to miss the beauty in it.  There are so many songs, books, poems and quotes out there that deal with this.  But what seems to be lacking, in my opinion, is the magic.

So, I’m going to ask you to think of something today for me.  Think of that one magical thing that happened to you today.  That one thing that put a smile on your face and laughter in your heart.  That one thing that made your day, that made you be able to say – wow, life is beautiful, life is magical.

That is practical magic.

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be

No comments:

Post a Comment